What is Plantar Fasciitis? It is usually caused by the inflammation of the tissue that connects the heel bone to the toes and causes pain in the bottom of the foot.
What to look for? Plantar fasciitis feels like a stabbing pain most common when:
- First waking up.
- After long periods of standing
- Standing up after a period of sitting
- Over weight.
- A regular runner.
How to help relieve the pain:
- Stretching your Achilles tendon and calf muscles 2-3 times a day
- Rolling a frozen water bottle under the foot, massaging for 15 minutes. Repeat this 3-4 times a day.
- Modifying any activities that cause pain.
- Wear orthotics or shoes with good arch support.
- Athletic taping to support the bottom of your foot.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
If symptoms worsen, contact a physiotherapist or your doctor.
*info retrieved from: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plantar-fasciitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20354846